Parking in St Ives
Map at the bottom of this page
There is no parking at Cohort but plenty nearby.
Jump to map
Nearest car parks
- The Stennack car park: TR26 1QX. Approximately 50 yards from Cohort. Fees: £1/hour up to £12/24 hours. This is a private car park and great for short stays although the most expensive one for long stays.
- Park Avenue car park: TR26 1QE. Approximately 4 minute walk from Cohort. Fees: £2/2 hours up to £7.50/24 hours. 77 spaces and easy to park a minibus, no coach parking. Council car park and possible to pay for a week at a time (£47). If full hang around for 10 minutes as a space is likely to become available.
- Trenwith Leisure Centre car park: TR26 1DD. Approximately 8 minute walk from Cohort. Fees: £2/2 hours up to £7.50/24 hours. 759 spaces + coach parking. Council car park and possible to pay for a week at a time (£47).
Paying for parking
- Notes and cards are not accepted at most car parks, please bring change.
- At council car parks you can pay by card over the phone by calling the number displayed at the car park and quoting the location number.
- For council car parks download the Phone and Pay app in advance to pay quickly by card via 3/4G (or WiFi once you arrive at Cohort).
- It is recommended that you do not leave your car without paying for parking.
Alternative car parks
- Station car park: TR26 2BH. Approximately 7 minute walk from Cohort. Fees: £2/2 hours up to £7.50/24 hours. 106 spaces and easy to park a minibus, no coach parking. Council car park and possible to pay for a week at a time (£47). This is a very busy car park so one of the harder ones to find a space however you might find one becomes available if you hang around for 10 -20 minutes.
- Rugby Club car park: TR26 1ER. Privately owned car park available just outside town. Fees: £5/all day or £3 after 4pm. Extensive space available.
Transport to car parks
- Trenwith Leisure Centre car park is at the top of the town with spectacular views; it’s a lovely walk down but quite steep to go back up. Buses run from next door to Cohort up to the car park every 10-20 minutes in the Summer. The cost is £1.50/person.
- Rugby Club car park is about a 10-15 minute walk out of town but a bus runs to and from the car park to Porthmeor Beach (5 minutes) every 15 minutes. The cost is £1/person. There are spectacular views on the bus ride into St Ives.
Download our Coach / Minibus parking guide to have with you on your journey.