March 1st, 2019
There aren’t many places you can book for just one night in St Ives; however, even in the middle of summer you can stay at Cohort Hostel for just one night if that’s all you’ve got.
24 hours in St Ives is not long enough to do everything but it is long enough to get whet your appetite for a longer stay next time. Here are our top tips on how to spend 24 hours in St Ives.
1. Walk through town before 8am, it’s peaceful, calm and utterly beautiful.
2. Have breakfast on the harbour, seal spotting over coffee.
3. Hit up Porthmeor Beach for a surf lesson or Porthminster Beach for some stand up paddle boarding: Either way, you can’t leave St Ives without getting in the ocean.
Don’t forget to stop to do a #2minutebeachclean on your way off the beach 🙂
4. Have a HUGE pasty on the beach (watch out for the seagulls).
5. Shoot over to the award winning Tate St Ives to experience the best of contemporary art in the South West; thanks to the recent expansion there is now a wonderful permanent collection too.
6. Treat yourself to an ice cream or cream tea (you’re in Cornwall, jam goes on first).
7. If you have time pop over to the Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden; see St Ives through the eyes of one of its most famous artists.
8. You won’t be hungry yet so get yourself a ticket to the unique and atmospheric Boathouse Theatre for a supremely entertaining play or puppet show.
10. EAT… anywhere you like; it’s all good.